20 August 2007

My new facial attachment for the next couple of years...

I have found myself with vision coverage (holy shit, yes!) for the first time since I was on my mom's insurance.
I have been quite enamored of a specific set of frames for quite some time now.
Problem was, I only saw them on the Lens Crafters website, and guess who doesn't take my insurance?
When I got my vision card, I started to call places and ask if they carried or if they could order Bvlgari frames.
Most places do not.

A few weeks later, I get the idea that I should actually be searching Atlanta (and not Marietta) optometrists, so that I get the upscale Buckhead results.
ANNNNND WE HAVE A WINNER!
They carry Bvlgari and can order whatever pair I want.
I have my eye exam tomorrow.

Since I have to order them from this place (and won't be able to try them on there), I'm going to Lens Crafters tonight to try them on.
I've even called to make sure they have the right color and everything.
So what do these epic frames look like, anyway?
Behold:

5 comments:

nessadrew said...

Those are gorgeous! I found these wonderful Moschino glasses in a similar color and I'm in love with them...I bought them online though and haven't gotten them filled yet.

philologic said...

those look great. i always make the mistake of buying cheap glasses and just picking the least worst from the cheap frames. next time i should get a pair that looks good. screw the cost.

Anonymous said...

you should check out the place i go to. obviously not this time around. tiana, the woman who handles all the frames, is awesome and always totally gives the right advice. she basically picked out my current frames and my sunglasses for me.

hvbc said...

Vanessa, some places are cool with doing that. Or you can find a place near you that normally carries Moschino and take them there. I bet they're awesome; Moschino is always fabulous.

SB, thanks. That was pretty much my reasoning this time around. I don't have to worry about breaking them at shows anymore, since I've taken on the annoyed old woman role when it comes to being around people. Ha.

KT, my mom has basically picked out every pair of glasses I've ever had, so I've been trained pretty well on what shapes and sizes fit my face. These are a lot thicker than I've previously had, but they're the same shape, so I think they'll work out quite nicely. Another problem that I found is that my eye coverage seems to favor doctors who carry lame brands. The people at Optique told me that there weren't many places like them (which could be them being good salespeople, but whatever). In any event, that's why I had to go to Lindbergh for this eye doctor.

Anonymous said...

Great work.